There are four steps to getting up and running in an offline environment.
- Install Metadefender Core on the offline server
- Activate your license
- Install and configure the Metadefender Update Downloader utility
- Apply the offline updates that are downloaded by the update utility to the offline Metadefender Core server
Installing Metadefender Core
The Metadefender Core installation packages can be downloaded from the OPSWAT Portal at https://portal.opswat.com/en/product-categories/metadefender-core. After logging into the portal, navigate to the Downloads page, where you can select the Metadefender core package you wish to download. The supported platforms include Red Hat Enterprise, CentOS, Debian, and Ubuntu for Linux and Windows 7 or later.
If you are installing Metadefender Core on Windows, download the installer and run it on the Windows system.
If you are installing Metadefender Core on Linux, download the appropriate installer for your distribution.
After Metadefender Core is installed, you will need to activate your Metadefender Core installation.
- Log into your Metadefender Core Management Console at http://localhost:8008/. The default user id and password for a new installation is admin and admin.
- Navigate to the Settings -> license page.
- Log into the OPSWAT Portal and navigate to the offline license activation page.
- Fill in your license key and the activation code that you obtain from the Metadefender Core Management Console.
- Apply that key to your Metadefender Core server through the Management Console.
Installing the Metadefender Update Downloader Utility
If your Metadefender Core server is deployed offline, you will need to use the Update Downloader to download the antimalware definition updates to be applied to the server. The Update Downloader can be downloaded from the OPSWAT Portal at https://portal.opswat.com/en/product-categories/metadefender-core. This can be installed on either a Windows or a Linux system.
Once you have installed Update Downloader, apply your license key to activate the product.
- Log into the Update Downloader Management Console at http://<server>:8028/. The default user ID and password are admin/admin.
- Apply your license key under Settings→License. This will automatically configure Update Downloader to download the antimalware engine updates that are included with your license.
- Update the configuration for update download and package generation in the ‘Settings’ page of the Management Console.
Applying Offline Updates
Once the update packages have been downloaded, they can be applied to the offline Metadefender Core server through the Management Console.
- Copy all of the update packages from the directory where the Update Downloader saves the updates to the offline Metadefender Core system.
- When applying the updates, make sure you select all of the downloaded packages to apply.
This article applies to Metadefender Core product.
This article was last updated on 2016-05-30.