While there's generally no need to manually restart the Metadefender Endpoint service, OPSWAT support may ask you to do so in certain circumstances.
For Windows 32-bit or 64-bit
- Open the Windows Services manager: Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services
- Scroll down to OPSWAT GEARS Client
- Right-click on it and select 'Restart'
For OS X / macOS
- Open a bash terminal
- Type: sudo launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.opswat.GearsCLI.plist
- Hit enter and provide your password
- Then type: sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.opswat.GearsCLI.plist
- Hit enter and provide your password again
This article pertains to the Windows and Mac versions of the Metadefender Endpoint
This article was last updated on 2016-11-21
(This article was changed to reflect the new name of Metadefender Endpoint on 2016-02-24)