How do I know what version of Metadefender Endpoint is installed on a device?
From the Metadefender Endpoint Management:
The easiest way to find this information is to use Metadefender Endpoint Management to view the device details. Log in to Metadefender Endpoint Management and go to Devices, navigate to proper devices list the device in question belongs to:
- Search the device using its hostname/username/group name/….
- Click on the device.
- ClientVersion is shown on the System Information box, on the right-side of the screen.
Unless automatic updates are disabled, the persistent Metadefender Endpoint will update automatically as new versions are released. If the device is offline for an extended period, the version will update the next time the device is online. An on-demand Metadefender Endpoint does not automatically update regardless of the account preference for automatic updates.
From the Metadefender Endpoint:
The instructions for finding the version information from Metadefender Endpoint depends on the type of client, operating system, and UI setting.
Windows/macOS Persistent agent with Tray Icon Enabled:
Windows/macOS On-demand agent
- Right-click the Metadefender Endpoint tray icon.
- Choose 'About'.
Information is listed on the About dialog: the agent version, SDK Version (OESIS Framework version), hostname, username, OS information, IP address, MAC address, which server the agent talking to, which account the device is associated to, the last time the agent communicates to the Metadefender Endpoint Management.
Windows Persistent, Tray Icon Disabled:
- OPSWAT Metadefender Endpoint Version: check in registry at location
- For Win 32bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OPSWAT\Gears Client\Config, key "MSIPackageVersion"
- For Win 64bit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\OPSWAT\Gears Client\Config, key "MSIPackageVersion"
- SDK version (OESIS Framework version):
- For Win 32bit: Go to folder C:\Program Files\OPSWAT\OnDemand\ondemands\oesis, check the product version/file version of any dll file
- For Win 64bit: Go to folder C:\Program Files (x86)\OPSWAT\OnDemand\ondemands\oesis, check the product version/file version of any dll file.
OSX Persistent, Tray Icon Disabled:
- OPSWAT Metadefender Endpoint Version:
- Go to /Application/OPSWAT GEARS Client
- Click on OPSWAT Gears, you can see the version on the application info
This article applies to Metadefender Endpoint Management
This article was last updated on 2016-12-28
AW, DL, EA